Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bawri's Guide To Most Excellent Web Hosting

• Please log in to reply

Baw-Ri-Soot

Baw-Ri-Soot

Derrrrrr

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Although Apache is nice, and works as it should.. It just doesn't come ready with all of the features that XAMPP does. If by now you do not know what I am talking about, I am talking about using your own computer as your server/webhost. It is VERY simple and easy to setup. Comes with amazing services (like filezilla server, mysql etc. etc).
XAMPP is actually a distro of Apache (very linux like, eh?). It is worth the download. The hardest part of XAMPP is registering a domain name with DYNDNS, and even that isn't hard.

NOTE: If you have a firewall, you have to disable it. You will also have to tweak some router settings if you are behind one.

I am sorry if this came off as an advertisement or spam, but I have spent about half a year looking for a good webhost, and found out about XAMPP.

Edited by ScHwErV, 19 June 2007 - 05:53 AM.

Advertisements

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Cool. Looks good.

I use crucial web host at the moment. They are really good.