Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Laptop Tweaks

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Are there any useful laptop tweaks? im using my laptop as a gaming laptop. i have a intergrated intel video card and it has only 96mb memory. can i increase it in any way?

i have a mobile intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chip set.

thanks was wondering because i had it at like 128mb before i formatted it

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. With integrated graphics, it's common that the resources are often shared, hence the reason you have 96 and not 128. No machine would come with a 96MB card (or integrated in this case). My laptop does the same thing. It's just all shared, and used for other things. Can you limit that usage? Not to my knowledge. Sometimes, if you update your drivers for the device, the manufacturer includes a utility that might assist in using less of those resources, etc.

I apologize, but I don't think you can get your full 128 MB back.