Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What the best/most effective antivirus program?

• Please log in to reply

kram12085

kram12085

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Of all the antivirus software I've tried, I still haven't found one that works as a good AV should. Here are my experiences:

Sophos - Takes up a lot of system resources, especially when updating.
McAfee - Missed Vundo and a few other trojans I had, has it's OWN popups which are VERY annoying!
Avast - Caught many of my trojans but not all, the one I'm currently using.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Try NOD32 (personal favorite) or Kaspersky.

I also suggest using the search feature on this forum, there have been many topics which contain the same questions as you have :whistling:

Axl456

Axl456

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi..
other good soft are, adaware 2007, superantispyware, but my favorite is also spybot :whistling:
but dont think that a antivirus software con protect you from all, it is good that you make online scan to see if you`re infected..

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

hi..
other good soft are, adaware 2007, superantispyware, but my favorite is also spybot :whistling:
but dont think that a antivirus software con protect you from all, it is good that you make online scan to see if you`re infected..

none of those you listed are anti-virus programs. :help: And none of them are that good anymore like they used to be. There are much better recommendations now, if only you do a little research....or ask. :blink:

cuzant

cuzant

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
no single program can protect you from everything use others for spyware ect and run regular activescans

Edited by cuzant, 17 June 2007 - 01:41 AM.

Axl456

Axl456

• Pip
  • 2 posts

none of those you listed are anti-virus programs. :) And none of them are that good anymore like they used to be. There are much better recommendations now, if only you do a little research....or ask. :)

:blink: :help: pardon me, that post was late at night, and i think i've read antispyware..
but about this:

And none of them are that good anymore like they used to be.

well i believe spybot (where talking about antispyware :whistling: ) is really good, and the new version of adaware is better than the last one...
bye thanks for the correction :help:

azure86

azure86

• Pip
  • 1 posts
a very good anti-virus is kaspersky i think is the best !!!!!

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
I have always been very fond of Kaspersky myself.