Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
What are you drinking right now?

*admin Bud Light. But only one, I have to drive 90 minutes, then I shall enjoy some more. :blink:

P.S. Doesn't have to be alcoholic. :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
water :whistling: i've got some jack at the house though...i can hear it calling me from here

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
now wait a minute. Let me be sure I have this straight. The monkey claims *I* gave him rabies?! And now I need to be taken out behind a shed and shot, then have my brain dissected?! :whistling:

*Kat thinks that ALL of you need your heads examined

I'm drinking an orange soda right now, but plan to have a couple of cold beers tonight after work since I just found out we actually DO get the day off tomorrow!! :blink:

and yes, Blair. I'll wait on the beer til after I get that stuff done you asked of me. :help:

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

*admin Bud Light. But only one, I have to drive 90 minutes, then I shall enjoy some more. :help:

P.S. Doesn't have to be alcoholic. :help:

Water - I have no beer here and if I were to drink that while doing a PL attempt, the response may not be correct :whistling:

I don't drink alot of alcohol anyway, so that would not be a problem :blink: Maybe tomorrow I will have a shot at a beer - dont know ;:)

Brian

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

now wait a minute. Let me be sure I have this straight. The monkey claims *I* gave him rabies?! And now I need to be taken out behind a shed and shot, then have my brain dissected?! :blink:

*Kat thinks that ALL of you need your heads examined

I'm drinking an orange soda right now, but plan to have a couple of cold beers tonight after work since I just found out we actually DO get the day off tomorrow!! :help:

and yes, Blair. I'll wait on the beer til after I get that stuff done you asked of me. :)

**Brian** Thinks that Kat should not be dissected, shot or consodered rabid - If we were to shoot her or any of that business, we'd lose a heck of a good geek and a teacher and friend too!! :help: :) :whistling:

Have Fun Kat, and DCC send me a cold one willya :) *hugs*
Brian

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I'm like Brian, I rarely drink alcoholic beverages. It's just too expensive, I mean, I've gotta pay my ISP bill :whistling: But even so, it's very rare that I have more than two in a night, and if I've had four in a week, it means I'm having a big week... I just got different priorities, I suppose...

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I'm celebrating with an ice cold one. OK, it's Pepsi...but it is ICE cold.

I like Kat and think anyone trying to dissect her should learn the meaning of SHRED. Kat can you teach them?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

I'm celebrating with an ice cold one. OK, it's Pepsi...but it is ICE cold.

You forgot to post a picture of it, I've taken the liberty for you.

:whistling:

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts

Admin, I was thinking that when we reach our millionth post, if you are able to determine who made the millionth post, that you could give them a millionth poster tag above their beanies where it normally says member or has the staff tag.

That is an excellent idea, and I'm sure Admin will come up with something. :help: I remember we did it before for some milestone or another. :blink: There IS a way he can tell who made that particular post when the time comes. :help:

Apparently you forgot what a fiasco it was? The problem is that the server runs maitenance every night. Topics that are deleted, merged, split, etc are recounted, and the post total changes. Because of this, it's very possible to have 2 people make the 1,000,000th post. Also, there's no way to track the person in the database. For instance the forum software identifies this as post number 990,377, while it shows only 978,103 total posts.

How about the million posts team?
Print out all the G2G posts and it would stretch out around the world twice! (hope nobody wants to prove that) :whistling:

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Ok, so to go around the world once, based on 8.5 by 11 inch paper, placed end to end, would mean that each post would have to be 14 and a half pages long. So much for that statement.
But I am willing to try, I only need 28846 reams of paper to start, at $5.99 us per, so could someone send me $172,787.54 to start?
I'll let you know the cost of the toner :whistling:

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Hmm ... all this conjecture about the millionth post is confusing me ... or is that because I am thoroughly enjoying a drop of Cabernet Shiraz locally produced (I live in a wine producing area!) and it is going down very nicely thank you. Also there is a footy game on TV - a pretty special one - NSW vs Queensland (State of Origin) - each year players who originated in either Queensland or New South Wales (states of Australia) play for their state. Some end up playing against their normal teammates. It's a fairly heated contest usually and the three games played in the series are always very close and a lot of passion goes into both playing and supporting. NSW is winning at the moment although we lost the last two games so have lost the series, however, this game is an opportunity to stick it to the Queeenslanders.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
I keep forgetting your halfway around the world.
Its 8:30 AM here, a bit early to start, but after the parade today its good old hot dogs and beer :whistling:
Its a great time on independance day in Philadelphia, let the celebration begin!

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

A nice tall glass of Simply Orange orange juice, no other kind of o.j. will do.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

however, this game is an opportunity to stick it to the Queeenslanders

HAH although we lost the last game, we won the series, the shield is ours! GO QUEENSLAND :whistling:

Edited by ruthandtroy, 04 July 2007 - 07:35 PM.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

A nice tall glass of Simply Orange orange juice, no other kind of o.j. will do.

That is truth!