Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
The first computer I remember using was a Old 286 running DOS.

My dad said that we had a nice old trash 80 but I never saw the light of it that I know of.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Horoscopes for Saturday
07/07/2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AQUARIUS
(Jan. 21 -Feb. 19)
Sudden romance could end just as quickly. You should check out prestigious clubs or groups that have a cause you believe in. You may find that you can be the recipient of valuable information if you're willing to be a good listener.

No way, I never would have known otherwise... No sudden romance of late, so I'm safe there, yes I believe in the cause here at G2G, and goodness gracious - if you listen you might learn something? What a preposterous notion...

Edited by ruthandtroy, 07 July 2007 - 05:23 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts

PISCES
(Feb. 20-Mar. 20)
You'll be angry if those you live with aren't pulling their weight. Think before you act. The distance may make you both appreciate each other more.

Well it is a good thing I don't Live with anyone :whistling:

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Our members have made a total of 991,197 posts

Only :whistling: 8,803 :blink: posts to go .....thats about 3-4 more days :help:

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

I'm going with July 15 @ 6:52 pm :whistling:

I am staying with my original guess.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I'd say closer to July 14th. and that's only b/c I don't want to miss it. I'll be offline all day the 15th at the NASCAR race! :whistling:

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Put the sunscreen on Kat

We only did one race this year, Dover, on a Monday :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
July 16th at 8am, okies admin what's the prize for guessing, seeing as you're too sooky to give a prize for the millionth poster :whistling:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Around the first of the year I guessed we'd hit a million by July 4th. I was wrong. :whistling:

The same issues exist with guessing the date and time as giving a prize to the millionth post. It's too easy to manipulate by spamming posts, and server maintenance may very well reduce the number to under a million, creating two winners. We will likely have contests in the future, but there are too many problems associating one with total posts. We've done it before, and learned our lesson.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you guess correctly...i'll come to your house and eat everything out of your fridge, pour beer in your hair, and use your bathroom without lifting the seat...still wanna guess?

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

if you guess correctly...i'll come to your house and eat everything out of your fridge, pour beer in your hair, and use your bathroom without lifting the seat...still wanna guess?

First you'd have to find where I live, I hope your not the evil elmo from the simpsons.....

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

winnipeg, canada

FOUND YOU! surely there can't be more than one internet connection in winnipeg right? the whold infrastructure would go down :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
oh yeah...speaking of comodor 64's....see how they're put to use Here

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

QUOTE(dsenette @ Jul 9 2007, 08:20 AM) *

Sure December 10 1486. I think I'm safe.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

winnipeg, canada

surely there can't be more than one internet connection in winnipeg right?

*Kat points at Atribune