Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
SAVE THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST TREE OCTOPUS!!

The Pacific Northwest tree octopus (Octopus paxarbolis) can be found in the temperate rainforests of the Olympic Peninsula on the west coast of North America. Their habitat lies on the Eastern side of the Olympic mountain range, adjacent to Hood Canal. These solitary cephalopods reach an average size (measured from arm-tip to mantle-tip,) of 30-33 cm. Unlike most other cephalopods, tree octopuses are amphibious, spending only their early life and the period of their mating season in their ancestral aquatic environment. Because of the moistness of the rainforests and specialized skin adaptations, they are able to keep from becoming desiccated for prolonged periods of time, but given the chance they would prefer resting in pooled water.

Although the tree octopus is not officially listed on the Endangered Species List, we feel that it should be added since its numbers are at a critically low level for its breeding needs. The reasons for this dire situation include: decimation of habitat by logging and suburban encroachment; building of roads that cut off access to the water which it needs for spawning; predation by foreign species such as house cats; and booming populations of its natural predators, including the bald eagle and sasquatch. What few that make it to the Canal are further hampered in their reproduction by the growing problem of pollution from farming and residential run-off. Unless immediate action is taken to protect this species and its habitat, the Pacific Northwest tree octopus will be but a memory.

Read more here.

:whistling:

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
whoooo I got it right!!!! Even after an insane day at work, and having ZILCH brain power left!!!

*Kat dances around the thread

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Trying to make these more interesting:

Here's a one-question IQ Test to help you decide how you should spend the rest of your day......

There is a mute who wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing one's teeth, he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done.

Now, if there is a blind man who wishes to buy a pair of sunglasses, how should he express himself? Think about it first before scrolling down for the answer...

He opens his mouth and says. "I would like to buy a pair of sunglasses"

If you got this wrong - please turn off your computer and call it a day.

Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink I feel shamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all their hopes and dreams If I didn't drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
~ Jack Handy

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
ummmm. :whistling: How the [bleep] did my post answering Major Payne's end up showing up BEFORE his?!?! :blink:

*Kat thinks we broked something by posting this much

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink I feel shamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all their hopes and dreams If I didn't drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
~ Jack Handy

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "
~Frank Sinatra

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

ummmm. :whistling: How the [bleep] did my post answering Major Payne's end up showing up BEFORE his?!?! :blink:

He double-posted. You responded to his post on the previous page. The server was slow during that time, and he must have hit add reply several times.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
~ Henny Youngman

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Bad news: The residents of the Bedroom of Stettybet0 failed in their attempted independence, so it will not be included in the list of "B" countries.

Good news: Here come the "B" countries!

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
19. Commonwealth of The Bahamas

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
20. Kingdom of Bahrain

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

He double-posted. You responded to his post on the previous page. The server was slow during that time, and he must have hit add reply several times.

The server was slowing down for me. Double posting happens all the time if I leave my pesky mouse by itself.

Ron

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
21. People's Republic of Bangladesh

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts