Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Tell ya what. I'll take a lil break. Read up good during that time. But I'm gonna do the rest during the night. It's a friday night, and I'm grounded, so I don't got nothing better to do. :whistling:

I was trying to figure out who you reminded me of, and then I got it. I have a 15 year old. Every time I say no, I get a 3 hour argument, then she goes and does it anyway. I can't imagine you're grounded.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said "green bricks," what the devil are you still doing here reading these questions????? If you said "glass," then go on to Question 4.

Ron

Jump in when you want anyone...

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sari: It's been a long time since I was grounded. You have a 15 year old. Teen years aren't over yet for you.

4. It's twenty years ago, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany (If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany.) Anyway, during the flight, TWO of the engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he has time and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of "no-man's land" between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors - East Germany or West Germany or in "no-man's land"?

Answer: You don't, of course, bury survivors.
If you said ANYTHING else, you are a real dunce and you must NEVER try to rescue anyone from a plane crash. Your efforts would not be appreciated. If you said, "Don't bury the survivors", then proceed to the next question.

Oldie.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 15 June 2007 - 06:43 PM.

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Not too many actual members on the site right now.
657 guests and search engine spiders, :whistling: 17 members :blink: , 0 anonymous members

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, 17 people get on the bus. In Reading, six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver?

Answer: Oh, for crying out loud! Don't you remember your own name? It was YOU!!

Ron

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Not too many actual members on the site right now.
657 guests and search engine spiders, :blink: 17 members :help: , 0 anonymous members

I guess some Geeks actually DO get out on Friday nights :whistling:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers.

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

Answer will come with 2nd question.

Ron

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
*Kat feels her head spin after FINALLY reading every post in the thread

now, let's discuss something very important.

where'd illukka go with my chocolate?! :whistling:

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
*therock247uk waves

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
*Kat *looks* at rocky

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
While the rest of you are waiting for the other shoe to drop, let's move on, shall we?

If you click on calendar at the top of the page, you'll be able to look at the birthdays for each age. (DO NOT use this information to start random birthday threads, or I will personally make sure your candles are always duds on your birthday cake). So I was browsing the calendar to see what birthdays were coming up (since they're not listed at the bottom of the main forum page anymore). I happened to notice that October 10 had the most number birthdays of the month, and I became curious to see what month had the most number of birthdays on any day. (Yes, I do have real work to do, and yes, I am procrastinating). Well, I found an interesting pattern, and I'm wondering if this is real, or whether people aren't telling the truth, and are simply typing in the same day and month:

1/1 - 31
2/2 - 18
3/3 - 22
4/4 - 16
5/8 - 17 (5/5 - 15. May ruined this trend, but the second most number of birthdays was the 5th)
6/6 - 19
7/7 - 20
8/8 - 23
9/9 - 23
10/10 - 22
11/11 - 21
12/12 - 18

So if you'll notice, the day with the most number of birthdays corresponds to the number of the month, and January is way off the charts.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
interesting, sari. It's amazing what you can learn when you don't feel like working :whistling:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Just imagine what I could accomplish if I did actually do some work.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts

Tell ya what. I'll take a lil break. Read up good during that time. But I'm gonna do the rest during the night. It's a friday night, and I'm grounded, so I don't got nothing better to do. :whistling:

I was trying to figure out who you reminded me of, and then I got it. I have a 15 year old. Every time I say no, I get a 3 hour argument, then she goes and does it anyway. I can't imagine you're grounded.

Inappropriate comment removed So don't get mad at me for spamming in a spam topic. :blink:

Oh, and my birthday really is January 1st. Everyone else just wishes theirs was.

Edited by Kat, 15 June 2007 - 07:55 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends:
Boxing

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

Ron