Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If they made Washington D.C. a state, maybe Puerto Rico would finally vote for statehood and make it even at 52 again.

Ron

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
But 50 is a perfect number (of states)! Maybe if we get 50 more places to declare statehood at the same time, then it will be a nice even 100...

Edited by stettybet0, 15 June 2007 - 10:32 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

But 50 is a perfect number (of states)! Maybe if we get 50 more places to declare statehood at the same time, then it will be a nice even 100...

Is there logic behind this, or you just like the number 50? After all, it has only been 50 states since 1959.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
No, it's a little joke on why the current administration won't let D.C. become the 51st state. I won't go into further detail, as there have been reports of some admins that tsk (can this be used as a verb?) at political discussions.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Since I live not far outside of DC, I'm well aware of the political issues. It's frequent front page news in the Washington Post.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Is it really? I usually just skip the front page since the only things on it are the war and girls who have too much attention that try to get less attention by putting a front page article in the Washington Post.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
She didn't put that article there. I think that was poor judgment on the part of the paper and the reporter, but it's not fair to blame her.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Oh yes she did. She agreed to be interviewed. And she agreed to be interviewed later by CBS and they ran her on the evening news in California on CBS.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I think you're being a little harsh here, and I'm not sure why you've picked that particular subject to make a point about the paper. Now, you apparently don't like the fact that you've been asked to stop listing states one by one, so you're going to compensate by picking arguments. I suggest you don't.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Heck, Puerto Rico keeps voting down statehood. Gonna be hard convincing any territory to become a state. Better to be a foreign country. Our government will throw more money your way then it will towards its own states.

Ron

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
I'm not arguing. (He said, respectfully disagreeing, yet in a very unargumentative tone) It's my belief that the girl in the article is being a little bit hypocritical. That's all. If you want to respectfully disagree with me, using a very unargumentative tone, that's fine.

But anyways, more Prison Break now, then sleep. Goodnight.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Oh, btw, I was listing countries, not states. And I only did it to help out admin. I wasn't too emotionally attached to doing it, so stopping is no problemo.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
A Test for Those Kids of the 50's & 60's!

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, "Who was that masked man?" Invariably, someone would answer, "I don't know, but he left this behind."

"What did he leave behind?

Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Ans: 01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on what show?

Ron

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Ed Sullivan.