Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

FINALLY! A thread we're allowed to post complete and utter nonsense in!! Nice move, Blair!! :whistling:

Brian Agrees :help:

I think we should have some refreshments and entertainment for this. Where's Don? Sari, you got any of that Rum left, or did you guys drink it all without me again last night??

Where's the thump thump!?

Would be cool to have a party: just make sure that it has PLENTY of DARK CHOCOLATE for the ladies, and plenty of Music, because I love to dance :) Kat: I did have a Beer last night, and thought of you and the rest of the team :blink: I would love to see a million posts - that would be amazing :help:

Brian

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I think the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is the most impressive site in Washington D.C. and that anyone who visits there should go and observe the walk and read about the history behind it's beginnings and why they do what they do. Great information Major Payne.

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

I seriously need to catch up. Having to actually work my butt off on a Friday is NOT right, I tell you. Someone call the SPCA or whatever it's called.

Kat:

Thats RIGHT: it isnt right for you to have to work on a Friday - I suggest that we build a GEEKbot that you can program to do your work while you take care of Jenna and other important things that you deem important, that way you are doing what YOU feel is important, rather then to have someone else tell you what is important *grin*

[/i]gives you a HUG and a large pepsi to help you along[/i]

Brian

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
After having a couple of beers at the block party last night (okay 6 beers), I came home and went straight to bed. Woke up in the middle of the night, thought I smelled smoke. Looked around, it was my inbox. Threw a bucket of water on it to cool it off. It's still smoking. :whistling:

Yes, I have read all these posts, so I'm up-to-date with the nonesense and fooldrudgery.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
You have a lot of patience! I was on for a lot of this and had trouble keeping up with the posts!

*sari wonders if admin regrets this thread yet. :whistling:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

*sari wonders if admin regrets this thread yet. :whistling:

Nope. :blink:

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
:whistling:

cuzant

cuzant

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
were gonna have to have prizes for the best posts

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

You have a lot of patience! I was on for a lot of this and had trouble keeping up with the posts!

what posts..... I just pretend I cant see them :whistling:

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

Our members have made a total of 976,867 posts

Close but still a long way here is an idea.....We have 213,182 registered members if we can get an admin to send out a mass email to all members saying post in this topic we can surely get the 23,133 posts we need. :whistling:

:blink:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Major Payne, shouldn't you have slept somewhere in there?

You found a lot of ways to waste vodka!

I finally gave up and went to bed. That was a waste of good vodka, but I thought it was interesting that you could do more with it. :help: :whistling: Now, I have to catch up on the other posts entered while I was sleeping. :blink:

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 16 June 2007 - 03:15 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

I think the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is the most impressive site in Washington D.C. and that anyone who visits there should go and observe the walk and read about the history behind it's beginnings and why they do what they do. Great information Major Payne.

Thank you. Been trying to make these posts interesting and to chat with every one else too. Some extra on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier:

ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD, AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM.

In 2003 as Hurricane Isabelle was approaching Washington, DC, our US Senate/House took 2 days off with anticipation of the storm. On the ABC evening news, it was reported that because of the dangers from the hurricane, the military members assigned the duty of guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier were given permission to suspend the assignment. They respectfully declined the offer, "No way, Sir!" Soaked to the skin, marching in the pelting rain of a tropical storm, they said that guarding the Tomb was not just an assignment, it was the highest honor that can be afforded to a service person. The tomb has been patrolled continuously, 24/7, since 1930. > >

God Bless and Keep Them.

Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Yes, I have read all these posts, so I'm up-to-date with the nonesense and fooldrudgery.

Wow! My eyes were burning from trying to keep up with all the posts by the time I went to bed (After 6 am - 24 hours up). On a big mug of coffee right now. Have enjoyed this topic and most of the posts. Thank you for the idea. Have tried to do my part in this thread. :whistling:

Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Close but still a long way here is an idea.....We have 213,182 registered members if we can get an admin to send out a mass email to all members saying post in this topic we can surely get the 23,133 posts we need. :whistling:

:help:

Good idea! Only need about 11% of those to actually post to meet the mark. I bet Admin is still taking care of his Inbox and is cringing at this idea. :blink:

Ron

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Wow Ron. :blink: Thank you for all of the interesting posts. I really enjoyed reading them all!! :help:

now, let's get back ON topic....which is to have NO topic :whistling: