Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Million post thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
The Human Life Cycle

There are about four stages to the human life cycle (depending on how you look at it). They are Infancy, Childhood, Adolescence and Adulthood.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
-- Jack Benny

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The age of a woman doesn't mean a thing. The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Infancy- From the age of being a newborn to the age of two years (2), you were an infant. Changes you may have experienced were more coordination (doubt you remember trying to walk and talk) and teeth growing rapidly. The body was also quite out of proportion (big head for example). These were all part of the infancy stage.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Like everyone else who makes the mistake of getting older, I begin each day with coffee and obituaries.
-- Bill Cosby

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Childhood- Childhood lasts from the age of two years to adolescence (puberty). Your bones and teeth were growing rapidly and soon changes such as teeth being replaced with permanents happen. You also develop your intellectual skills (ABC's, reading/writing) and pretty much you have quite changed from being an infant.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
When you become senile, you won't know it.
-- Bill Cosby

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.
-- Bob Hope

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Adolescence- Adolescence is the age where the body becomes sexually mature. Changes you may be going through are acne, increased growth and deeper voice (for boys). Girls also gain extra weight during this time. It is sometimes a emotionally distressing time for teenagers (as that's the now called term for adolescence).

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Adulthood- Adulthood is the age where the body slowly slows down. Certain changes such as hair falling out and physical activity decreasing are normal as you age (thirties and above). If you are over forty, you are considered a older adult. This however doesn't stop someone from doing the things they enjoy.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-- Mark Twain

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

QUOTE(BHowett @ Jun 18 2007, 07:46 AM) *
QUOTE(Major Payne @ Jun 18 2007, 08:34 AM) *
When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks, "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here?
-- Billy Connoly

Thats funny.....kind of like when your standing in front of an elavator and you all ready pushed the button, and then other people show up see the light is on meaning the button has been pushed, but they push it again anyway. Like that going to get the elavator there any faster laughing.gif
Actually I've done that myself. The elevator doesn't arrive any sooner.

Ron

Yes I do it too, and also for the pedestrian lights to cross the road, if I don't press them at least ten times then I'm not like I usually am :whistling:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Yes I do it too, and also for the pedestrian lights to cross the road, if I don't press them at least ten times then I'm not like I usually am :whistling:

You have lights where you live? LOL

Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

You have lights where you live? LOL

Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Darn. Double post. Hung up here and when will I learn not to click the Reply more then once?

Women are not forgiven for aging. Robert Redford's lines of distinction are my old-age wrinkles.
-- Jane Fonda