Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

i need help with windows/system32/config/system

• Please log in to reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Doesn't matter when you put it in, as long as your computer boots from the cd and not the hard drive. If you're too late in putting it in, just hit the reset button so your computer will restart and it should get it then. If you get to your error, reboot. If you still get to your error, then there is a problem with something that we have to fix before we can fix your error message problem.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Doesn't matter when you put it in, as long as your computer boots from the cd and not the hard drive. If you're too late in putting it in, just hit the reset button so your computer will restart and it should get it then. If you get to your error, reboot. If you still get to your error, then there is a problem with something that we have to fix before we can fix your error message problem.

jarid

jarid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
double post lol, ill try that today but how do i save it to my desktop?

Posted Image

no option exept if i were to save the link to my desk top...., do i open w nero/alcohol

Edited by jarid, 18 June 2007 - 10:22 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Just save it to disk, put it on your desktop. Leave the file alone! Open Nero StartSmart (like from your start menu), and then find the option that says "Burn Image to Disc" If you have version 6.6.1.4 of Nero (like I do) then you'll find this menu option under "Copy and Backup" options, you'll need to scroll to the right a bit to find it. Then Nero will open the disc burning program you need, and it will pop up a box asking you to select the image (.iso file) you want to burn to disc. Simply navigate to your desktop and select rc.iso which you downloaded. Make sure you choose a slow speed in the options, takes a little longer but less chance of errors. It's not a very large image either, so it won't take very long.

Cheers :whistling:

jarid

jarid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
woot! i did it tyvm all :blink:, ill prolly learn more of this in college... :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts

woot! i did it

So you fixed everything, or just burnt the cd?

And don't say woot, emoticon it!!!!! ---> :whistling:

jarid

jarid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
lol well actually i\i have a guy that dances when i say woot! but it's not on the forums :whistling: n e way i burnt a home edition and installed in and repaired it...only problem is bill gates i think is a little pissed at me bc my windows isn't registered now? can sum one help me w that?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
The only answer to activating/regestering windows is call microsoft.

We would be unable to help you in any other way in regards to this.

Shauny

Shauny

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Are you accessing the recovery console, or are you using hiren's still? Can I suggest you stop using hiren's, and download recovery console from my signature. It is a .iso file, so you'll need to burn it as an image, if you aren't sure how to do this, let me know and I can elaborate (or search "burn image to disc" on google). Then use this bootable cd to follow tuxmaster's instructions.

EDIT: spelling error, I've had a lot of spelling errors lately! :)

Hi,

Where can I find the link to the file you mention (recovery console)

Cheers, Shaun.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Shaun, you can get it from eiher of the following locations:

XP Recovery Console
Another XP Recovery Console

Advertisements