Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

explorer crashes when trying to open my music

• Please log in to reply

Alex_Ho

Alex_Ho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
i have it set on details, and it doesn't happen on other accounts, but there isn't any music in the folder either...

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Try placing music in that folder see what happens.

ImmolatioN

ImmolatioN

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have the same problem, Whenever i open my music folder it crashes the folder. I renamed it to "My music 1" still did it. I renamed it to "Music" it still did it, it wasn't constant either it was everytime I would close the folder and open it a few times, then I rename the folder and it works again, I tried to split the music into two folders because I thought i had too mush music but that shouldn't be the issue. My computer is BRAND-NEW Custom Built.. The thing that seems to be working for me is that i took it off of "Show in groups" in the Arrange icons by menu, It seems to be working fine for now.

Alex_Ho

Alex_Ho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Okay i transferred the music over to the other account and it still does it until i rename the folder the just music.

ImmolatioN

ImmolatioN

• Pip
  • 3 posts
How are you viewing the folder?
Details
Icons
Thumbnails
etc..

Are you viewing them in?
Artist
Name
etc..

Also are you viewing them in groups?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Ok that tells me it is not user profile corruption.

Go ahead and respond to the questions above in post 20. Also follow the recommendations made in post 19.

Alex_Ho

Alex_Ho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

How are you viewing the folder?
Details
Icons
Thumbnails
etc..

Are you viewing them in?
Artist
Name
etc..

Also are you viewing them in groups?

I'm currently viewing the folder in "detail", and its sorted by name. And no i'm not viewing them in groups its just a list of it, heres a screen shot of it. (i couldn't really fit too much, theres a 500k cap on upload size, but if anybody needs or wants to see the entire picture just pm me your email address and i'll send it to you)

Attached Files

ImmolatioN

ImmolatioN

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hmm, im stumped then. :S sorry.