Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need for Speed III on windows 2003

• Please log in to reply

adfarhan

adfarhan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi Guys,

Im using windows 2003 enterpise edition with sp1. I have installed Need for Speed III successfully, but it does not start.
When i click on the icon, the screen just blinks for a while and then nothing happens.
The last time i was on win2k3, i had managed to run it succesfully, after increasing hardware accelaration to full and some other step which i just cant remember.

This time, the acceleration is set to full but still it does not work.
I have already tried running it in compatibility mode but that too doesnt work.

Finally i changed the compatibilty mode in the autorun.exe itself , it still does not run but gives me error "Need for Speed III files are corrupt, please re-install."

Any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks
farhan.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
why do you have Windows Server 2003 enterprise?

adfarhan

adfarhan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:-) well im an Oracle Applications DBA and i have it installed on my home PC. The game's for my kiddy.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well

1)this is an old game and has issue running on new pc's. In fact it's down right unplayable.

2) your using and enterprise operating system, server 20003 no less, and expect it to play games???????

Seriously, that os does not have the features available to make it a "gaming" platform. Its purpose is entirely different. And, this game was released in mid 1990's. 486's were king. You will find the game may run super fast on the newer systems. That is because it was designed for a different era.