Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MY COMPUTER WONT HOLD AN IP ADDRESS

• Please log in to reply

TMIZE.CASH

TMIZE.CASH

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I AM OVERSEARS WITH OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM. I TALK TO MY WIFE ONLY WITH THE INTERNET. SHE MOVED THE COMPUTER FROM ONE ROOM TO ANOTHER, IT WAS HOOKED UP THERE PREVIOUSLY AND WORKED FINE. WHEN SHE TRIES TO LOG ON IT SAYS CAN NOT FIND SERVER. WE HAVE INTERNET THROUGH OUR CABLE COMPANY, SUDDENLINK, THEY CAME OUT DID ALL OF THERE CHECKS AND SAID THAT THE MODEM AND ALL CONNECTIONS ARE FINE, SHE TOLD ME THAT THEY TRIED TO LOAD THE IP ADDRESS AND IT WOULD STAY FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER AND THAT THEY DIDNT KNOW WHY? CAN ANYONE HELP ME? MY WIFE AND I ARE NOT VERY COMPUTER LITERATE BUT I DO HAVE ABOUT 3 MONTHS LEFT IN COUNTRY AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE AND TALK TO HER. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If your wife is connected wirelessly it may well be, depending on the type of walls you have, that the signal can't get through.
The most obvious question to ask is why was the computer moved in the first place?