Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bridge LAN-wierless

• Please log in to reply

dormage

dormage

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Im trying to help a frend instal a local network between two computeres that are connected to the internet by a router..
the problem is that one of the computers is a Lap-Top and it connects to the router wierless..
and the other one uses LAN!
I have done some networing my self but i have to say this is the first time i came across a router that has both wierless and LAN..
Now im stuck tryng to establish a connection between them but i am not familiar with bridging..
i have seen it but never actualy done it..
If anybody is willing to help out please do!
I thank you in advance!!

Edited by dormage, 15 June 2007 - 04:06 PM.

Advertisements

Low Man

Low Man

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Im trying to help a frend instal a local network between two computeres that are connected to the internet by a router..
the problem is that one of the computers is a Lap-Top and it connects to the router wierless..
and the other one uses LAN!
I have done some networing my self but i have to say this is the first time i came across a router that has both wierless and LAN..
Now im stuck tryng to establish a connection between them but i am not familiar with bridging..
i have seen it but never actualy done it..
If anybody is willing to help out please do!
I thank you in advance!!

1. Make sure both computers are able to connect to internet
2. Make same GROUPING on both computers.
3. Put the router IP as gateway and determine what is the IP ranging from the router (Either DHCP or static IP), put it on the LAN configuration.
4. Restart all computers.
5. Should be done now.