Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Reading DVD+R disc in computer

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear Forum Members:

I received a DVD+R (RW) disc containing JPGs that I can view on a DVD player connected to a television. However, when I put the same disc into my computer's DVD player/burner, the drive merely spins and I cannot access the disc at all. I use the computer's DVD player/burner to burn data onto DVD+R discs all the time, so I doubt that the drive is incompatible with the DVD+R format. I also have no problems reading files from other DVD+R discs.

I also tried using ISOBuster, but that application does not recognize the disc in the drive either. Instead, ISOBlaster simply stops responding (presumably because it continues trying to read the disc).

I would either (i) like to read the DVD in my computer's DVD player/burner, or (ii) extract data files from the disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
- CluelessNewbie

Edited by CluelessNewbie, 15 June 2007 - 11:31 PM.

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try getting xp codec pack..