Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get into my PC

• Please log in to reply

holgerwa

holgerwa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My stationary computer (WXP Pro) with tons of muscles suddenly was knocked out. At the beginning I could start apps the Ctrl + Alt + Del way, and hoped to be able to locate the problem through this. But my helpful neighbour had a look at the machine - and of course, being a apps developer, eventually managed to put that option to an end.
Now I'm working on my laptop, but see no point in having an expensive mashine on my left wich doesn't earn it's living... Well... it's almost dead anyway.
When I start it, all seems ok, but the icons only light up a couple of times, only to vanish into the unknown, and you can't operate anything, even if you ask Lucky Luke. So, what to do, when you have no reboot devise and just get the Windows blue screen left to look at? Any ideas?

Advertisements

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
I know what you mean, and *cough*blame Microsoft *cough*

Ok, lets try a couple of things, first, boot normally and open up Task Manager (if you can) on the processes tab search for explorer.exe, it probably isn't there.
Second, if explorer.exe is not there turn off the machine and boot into safe mode, does the problem persist?
Is there any chance it's Virus/Adware/Spyware/etc.?

-OCM770-