Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth adapter in vista.. please help me

• Please log in to reply

Ben321

Ben321

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi guys. Go easy on me here and I hope you can help.

I have an Acer Aspire 5630 with a Vista home premium on and a Targus Bluetooth adapter. When the laptop had xp on, it would work. But now I have vista I can not get it to work. Can anyone please help me.

I downloaded the drivers but they tell me there is no adapter contected when it clearly is. I also tried letting vista install it and it installs it as Formosa... but that also wont make the blue light flash. The closest I have come so far is some BT stack by toshiba which made the light flash, bareley reconised my phone but just wanted to connect to the internet with it... I just want to be able to transfer pictures and files between them.

Any help here would be apreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

Clay1

Clay1

Aye

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I run into problems like tihs with my bluetooth. I'm curious about something.

Can you go to your Device Manager, and see if anything has a yellow question mark by it, or anything that would alert you.

Device Manager:
Click your start button>Right click on "my computer">then click properties>then click hardware, then device manager.

Ben321

Ben321

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
In the device manager I can just see "Formosa Bluetooth Device" and there are not yellow ! next to anything.

But saying that, that was one a while ago. I dont know where it has gone. But when I first pluged the thing in there was another thing above the formosa bluetooth device under the bluetooth selections which has gone now.

Ben321

Ben321

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Since then I went to the Widcomm website and downloaded a driver from there. It took ages to install but it did and apparently sucsesfully.

Now in device manager I have Bluetooth Bus Enumerator and FORMOSA teletek Bluetooth device. Neither of them have a yellow ! and everything looks find.

In my system tray now and in controll pannel I have a bluetooth icon but when I click on it I get the error "Bluetooth device not found. Please make sure your bluetooth device is plugged in"..... but it is.

So now i'm stuck.

Clay1

Clay1

Aye

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
When I use my bluetooth mic for the first time, I had to put in a certain mode, then the Computer searched for it and I entered a access code, and it connected. Do you think this my be the case for you?

Ben321

Ben321

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the concideration but sorry no. What I need to work is the bit that sits between your compter and your mic. The part that your computer is using to actually talk to the mic. I'm guessing that your's is internal or that you are using XP.

Is anybody using an external bluetooth adapter with vista, for there mobile phone purpose?