Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Add Outlook to Startup

• Please log in to reply

Clay1

Clay1

Aye

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have M$ 07 Outlook and I was wondering, how do I add to the startup, so I don't haft to manually start it up everytime?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi Clay1, if you have an icon on your desktop or in your Quick Launch bar, then just make a copy of it and place the copy in your Startup folder. If you open your Start menu, click Programs (or All Programs), you should see a folder called Startup. Anything you place in that folder will be loaded each time your computer loads. It's a good idea to check it from time to time, as newly installed programs sometimes add things that you may not need, and then they just take up your resources...

EDIT:
PS. Welcome to Geeks to Go! I forgot to check that it was your first post!

Edited by ruthandtroy, 16 June 2007 - 05:50 PM.

Clay1

Clay1

Aye

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you, I've never known about that. I just learned something new! Thanks. I was going to use Clay as my name but it was taken}: Thanks for the warm welcome!

-Clay

Edited by Clay1, 16 June 2007 - 05:55 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Sure no worries, if you ever got problems (or answers, for that matter) then feel free to post away!

Clay1

Clay1

Aye

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Sure no worries, if you ever got problems (or answers, for that matter) then feel free to post away!

Alright, thanks.