Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP/2000 Problems

• Please log in to reply

Tim'A

Tim'A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
nope :blink:
same problem and same error message :whistling:

Edited by Tim'A, 18 June 2007 - 10:15 AM.

Advertisements

Tim'A

Tim'A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
PLZZZZZZ help!!!!!!!
need to use outlook!!1!!!
need to schedule!!!!!1
Its tearing me apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling: :blink:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Boot back into Recovery Console and at the prompt, type bootcfg /list and press Enter. This will scan the machine for all Windows installations and list them for you.

Report back with the results of this command.

Tim'A

Tim'A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
I finialy got it working!!!!!!! All i had to do was install windows xp in the un-partitioned space that 2000 was installed in.
apparently it never fully deleted 2000. . .
anyway my laptop is back and running!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you soooooo much!!!!!
This actualy happened once before and I ended up reinstaling windows all together and spending days getting all of my programs back. I have also been looking into backing up my entire HD but the estimated time remaining was in weeks. . . (without any other programs or background processes running!!!!!) I guess I'll find some freeware HD backup-er.
(instead of using windows) and I know this is a little off topic but any suggestions????

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
That's excellent news!!! Good job... :whistling:

In regards to backing up, there are many applications to do this. I prefer Acronis True Image, but this is not a free application. There is an article HERE that may give you some ideas on backing up, as well.

Tim'A

Tim'A

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
k thanks!!!!!