Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

insert disc into drive

• Please log in to reply

helibear

helibear

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am sorry if this is a duplicated topic but I am a Granny at her wits end. I have Record now pre installed on my system running Windows XP Pro. Last week I installed Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator 6. I now cannot play any CD's on my CD drive or DVD Recorder. It tells me to insert a disc in the relevant drive. I trawled the internet all night to find that this Roxio causes all sorts of problems.
I cannot unistall Easy CD from the add/remove programms, it comes up with error 1316 A network error occured while attmepting to read from the file C:\Windows\installer\ECD6.msi. When OK is clicked it then reinstalls the programme, and then says a fatal error occurred.
I have manually deleted all the files, run Regcure and deleted over 1500 errors relating to Roxio.
How can I uninstall the programme and how can I use my CD and DVD drives again? :whistling:
Thank you so much to anyone who can help this desperate Grandma?

Advertisements

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hello,

I am not 100% sure if the admin of this forum will allow me to do this [hopes they do] but here is a link for you

http://forums.suppor....php/t5026.html

hopefully it works :-)

helibear

helibear

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you so much Adrenalin,. I got to the link for Windows Installer and have managed to uninstall the Easy CD Programme.
I am still left with the fact that my cd and DVD RW are not being reconised. I spent 2 hours of the phone to the man in India for HP who has tried to tell me that my drivers are no good and I should buy new ones.
I have read so many threads about this Roxio Creator and the problems ( the same as I have) it has cuased.
Roxio are not open at the moment...I have treid to follow the threads but have become so confused:):whistling::)

When I insert a disc into either drive it tells me that I need to insert a disc and it makes the dvd rw become a cd rom? I read somewhere about this as well?

Do you or anyone else have any more suggestions.?

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
When you retart the PC does it not come up with a small pop up box at the bottom saying 'new hardware detected'?

Also autoplay could not be working but that is a 2nd option if your DVD-Drives aren't being recognised

helibear

helibear

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No, no box comes up. I have just had major problems with the computer hence my taking so long to get back to you.
before installing the Roxio Easy cd creator 6, I was able to use the Record now version 6.Now when I try to open that it says that there is no compatible recording rewrite devices that could be found on my system.
When I try to play a disc in the DVD or DVD RW drives it tells me to insert a disc. When I try to open i
the e or f drive in my computer it changes the title from DVD RW to CD rom. I read somewhere during the wee small hours about this same problem but cannot remember where.
I will have to hope the Roxio will be able to sort this out tomorrow without charging me!
Thanks for your help. :whistling: