Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

From Downloaded Program Files cannot remove Hotmail Att

• Please log in to reply

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I have Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600), a Dell Inc. Dimension 4700. Also have IE6, SP2.

When I go to Tools, Internet Options, Settings, and View objects, among the items in there is Hotmail Att… I sometimes go here to update the items in there. The Hotmail shows it as installed but total size is None. When I try to update it, nothing happens. When I right-click and try to remove it, I get a message box. In the Title Bar it shows Share Violation, and in the box itself it shows: These Program Files are currently being used by one or more programs. Please close some programs and try again. You may need to restart Windows.

This has not done this before. But I have done a few restores over the past month, so guess something happened.

Anyone know how I may get rid of that Share Violation notice? Thanks much. Anna Ruth

Advertisements

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Forgot to wish all you male geeks a Happy Father's Day. So, Happy, Happy Dad's Day. :whistling:

Here is a nice site for Fathers. Click here to watch the movie. Uh, oh, guess that will not work. Maybe this one will:

If the link above doesn't work copy and past the link below in your web browser.

http://www.simpletru...?af=132&mo=time