Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard problem

• Please log in to reply

DoctorChu

DoctorChu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
After installing windows xp, cannot use the numerical keyboard on the right. Only the numerical keys in the main board can be used. Help.

Advertisements

rrush

rrush

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Stupid question I know, but is number lock on?

quetzaloflove1

quetzaloflove1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
yes, its on, what do I do next to unlock it? Seems to me its always locked. I dont know whre is the unlock key for it.

quetzaloflove1

quetzaloflove1

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Stupid question I know, but is number lock on?

View Post

Yes, how do I get it unloked?

rrush

rrush

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
If number lock light is on, then number keypad should be enabled. Key at the top of the keypad labled "Num Lock" should turn on and off the Num Lock light on keyboard.
If that is working and doesn't solve the problem, check keyboard in control panel and make sure that the device that's shown matches your keyboard. Usually, 101/102 key Microsoft standard will be close enough to match most systems. Check the status under the hardware tab and make sure that it is enabled and working properly.
If that doesn't work, check the compatability in the troubleshooter and if needed, install updated driver.