Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ubuntu 7.04 Won't Find my Wireless Network

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mattdawg8

mattdawg8

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I ran Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) from the Live CD, and it almost instantly detected my wireless network (named 'linksys' to keep things simple). After installing it in a dual boot with Windows XP (which never has any trouble detecting my network), it will not find my network. I went into Ubuntu and manually configured every option following the same settings as are in XP. This showed around a 30 percent conectivity level less than half of the time I booted intol Ubuntu, but it sitll wopuldn't let me use Firefox to get any necessary updates. So, I tried updating the drivers for my wirless miniPCI Card, which is a Texas Instruments Model. When I updated the driver, not even Windows found my network anymore, so I rolled it back, but Ubuntu was still internet-less. When I followed the instructions for installing NDISwrapper and my Windows drivers into Ubuntu from the Ubuntu forums (http://ubuntuguide.o...8Ndiswrapper.29), they didn't work...and now I am completely out of options.

I need a way to make Ubuntu find my wireless Network, any help would be great. Also, if somebody could elaborate more on the instructions from the Ubuntu Site about installing NDISwrapper, that would probably work just as well. Thanks!

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Please keep your help request on this thread:

http://www.geekstogo...et-t160464.html