Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

office compatibilty issue

• Please log in to reply

noor parkar

noor parkar

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
hi
first of all thank you very much for taking a look on the question.
here is my question.

if a file is created in MS office 2003 , can open in office 2000 or office xp?????????

if not...then how will we make it compatible from office 2003 to office xp or 2000

is there any way from office 2003 or feature in office 2003 so that we can trasfer the same file in office xp or 2000
if yes how??????????????????
thanks
noor
UAE

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi noor!

You should have minimal issues between Office 2000, XP, and 2003. I've got Office XP at home and 2003 at the office and move Excel and Word files and Access databases around with no problems.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
The only issue you may encounter is with Office 2007 documents. There is a compatibility download from Microsoft for this - you can download it here, but you probably won't need it. Just thought I'd throw it in :whistling:

noor parkar

noor parkar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Dear all,
well, i was having one word file 94 mb . it was not opening at all in office XP. my collegue was having office 2003 it was opening there. when i tried to open it in office xp. it was not responding.....with error sending report to microsoft. further message was restart microsoft word and recover the file.

but only after i installed office 2003 on the same pc. it was opening...what could be the problem ...is it file size...

thanks
noor
UAE