Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't load any web pages....

• Please log in to reply

PurpleButterfly

PurpleButterfly

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi. my son has a laptop, running Windows XP......everything was working fine until he used his cousins Vista program and loaded it on his computer..then it would for a couple of days, now he can not bring up any web pages.
He can connect to the internet, but can not bring up one page at all!
I put his restore disk in and put it back to factory settings, but still no luck..he can't do anything on the web what so ever!!

any help would be great,
Thank you.

Advertisements

PurpleButterfly

PurpleButterfly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
HELLO...IS THERE ANYONE HERE THAT CAN HELP ME???????

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Make a system resore point for now. Then go to M$ Updates and get all the critical updates installed. Also, check the other updates that may be useful that MS' scan brings up. You may need to update the drivers. Did you install any programs after restoring to factory settings? Please list the make and model of PC. Do you just get a 404 error, Page not found? Have you tried using another browser?

Ron