Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Reader Installation Error

• Please log in to reply

56FordF100

56FordF100

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I had been using an earlier version of Adobe Reader & last week a window popped up & I installed the new version 8.1. Today a window pops up stating Adobe Reader encountered an error --received over & over when attempting to use Adobe Reader. I removed Adobe Reader via the Control Panel, add/remove programs, & rebooted. Went to install Adobe Reader 8.1 and receive the following error message: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file document\David T\locals\temp\Adobe Reader 8_______\setup.exe

I receive the same error message no matter what version of Adobe Reader I attempt to install. Searched the Adobe Reader knowledge database & found nothing.

How do I correct so I can use Adobe Reader again? Running Windows XP Media, Version 5.1, Service Pack 2

Thanks....Dave

Edited by 56FordF100, 18 June 2007 - 03:41 PM.

Advertisements

56FordF100

56FordF100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
You may close this problem since I have resolved after spending over a day banging my head against the wall. I resolved by going into the PRIVACY tab in ZoneAlarm and adding the name of the website which I was attempting the download from (i.e. geeekstogo.com, adobe.com). I have been using ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite for almost two years now and this is the first time I have enountered this which confuses me since I have done downloads within the last 3 or 4 months without enocountering this problem & those websites are not listed in PRIVACY.

Take care.....Dave