Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will not start up

• Please log in to reply

tino1956

tino1956

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Computer will not start up keeps trying to start windos XP. It starts loading up then goes blank and tries to start again (endless loop). Can not even start in safe mode. What can I do to get OS started??????
Can't get operating system started to do a system restore or anything?????

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Restart PC and hold down F8 key until the 'Advanced Startup Menu' appears on a black screen with white text. Highlight "Last known good configuration" and press [Enter]. If that fails to resolve your problem you will have to re-install Windows by using the XP CD or the Recovery discs supplied with your PC.

Edited by pip22, 19 June 2007 - 03:27 AM.

tino1956

tino1956

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried to start with the "last known good configuration" and still nothing happen. I guess I will have to reinstall Windows XP from the disk. When I do this will I lose all the file I currently have on the computer?