Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows installer error 1719

• Please log in to reply

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
hi there,

i been having problems with it ever since i got my new laptop (last saturday), and i been installing things, uninstalling things and such. all of a sudden when i tried to install adobe photoshop, it wont work! the problem is that when it goes to the windows installer part, it stops and then gives me a error:

Posted Image

i tried everything, i went to microsoft's support site and followed the procedures and such... no help at all. as for now uninstalling and installing with windows installer does not work and gives me the error above...

my laptop specs are..

ACER Aspire 5670
Intel Core Duo T2300 @ 1.66 GHz (2 CPUs)
ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB
1GB RAM
120 GB HD
DVD +/- R Writer

i hope you guys can help me... as reformating the whole computer is a last resort, thanks.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Not sure about the error, but with all the installing/uninstalling going on, have you been maintaining your hard drive? If not, may I suggest scanning your hard disk and also defragging with JkDefrag, it's in my signature. Also, you might need to clean out your registry, I prefer CCleaner, which is also in my signature. Sometimes doing these can clean up some problems like this...

Cheers :whistling:

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
thanks for the reply but it did not help me at all sorry. i did all the things that you suggested but no luck. but thanks for the help anyway ruthandtroy.

anyways, does anyone have a idea how to fix this? as i said before i went to the ms support site and did EVERYTHING but sadly it didnt fix it.... please help me! im desperate! my last resort is to reformat...

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Seeing as you are trying to install Adobe Photoshop, have you looked at their support site? Someone may have mentioned it there, or you could try e-mailing them and see if they've heard of it before.

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
oddly it isnt just adobe, when i tried uninstalling microsoft applocale, i coudnt uninstall it as i got the same error. so i doubt its just that program....

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
You might try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility .

Edited by cmw2010, 19 June 2007 - 08:35 PM.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
you might want to try updating your installer to 3.1 then control panel> administrative tools> services> installer>properties and select the automatic option . start service if its stoped or restart if its running.

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i did update it, and set my window installer services setting to automatic. but oddly, the status of the program is stopped. when i tried to start it back again i get another error: "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
anyways thanks for the much help, i ended up reformating the computer... repairing did not help as it frozed at the loading screen.