Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios Upgrade for Windows 98

• Please log in to reply

bushygoose

bushygoose

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I am trying to upgrade a windows 98 computer to windows 2000 and need to update my bios. I have went to Microsoft to see how to do this and it says to go to the manufacturer of the computer. So I went to Dell's website and cannot get anything to tell me how to update the bios. If anyone can assist me in this situation, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Just put in your service tag # and go to the download page for your machine. If it uses a floppy just run the BIOS that is there, it will write to the floppy, then use the floppy to boot from and follow the instructions. Dell makes it very simple and only lists the latest version of the BIOS so you shouldn't have a problem. You may not even need to update.