Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window Media player problems

• Please log in to reply

Pepsican

Pepsican

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Everytime I try to watch a Video online with the software I get a green screen, No picture but I get sound. I went looking for updates, and downloaded them. When I was Installing the WMP11, I got a message saying that I needed to download Rollup 2 windows xp media edition 2005. I downloaded that and tried to install and got this message. " 2 or more prerequisites have failed to load. Please check log file c:\windows\KB913800.log" I have no Idea what to do now. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks for your time.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to uninstall wmp 11 in control panel > add/remove programs. This will roll you back to wmp 10. See if it makes any difference.

Pepsican

Pepsican

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Actually I havn't Installed it yet. Tried to but it wouldn't work

I looked for it in the Add/remove panel and I couldn't find it.

Thanks again for your time.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
did you look at the log report? follow this link save yourself alot of time.crash report send the log to the support team at microsoft. follow their instructions on how to send it,sign in using passport etc. etc. they'll analyze your report. explain it in common terms and offer step by step instructions on correcting the problem and best of all its free :whistling: its why they make the big bucks..... :blink:

pccromeo

pccromeo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
(In WMP 9 and I believe 10 as well) Try going into Options, selecting the Performance tab, and sliding the "Video Acceleration" bar all the way to the left. That has ALWAYS fixed any problems I've had in WMP. But remember to slide it all the way back to the right if you wish to watch a DVD in full screen mode. Hope this helps!