Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help - Wierd Counter Strike : Source Problem

• Please log in to reply

ChamberJ

ChamberJ

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Today I got a message when opening Counterstrike: Source that I should update my drivers on my graphics card.

I have a GeForce 7100 and downloaded drivers 92.24

Before updating the drivers, when playing, I would have a FPS of 35-80. The steps to downloading the new drivers told me to disable Anti-Virus running in the backround and delete old drivers. I went into control pannel, then Add/Remove programs. It told me to find NVIDIA display drivers. Al I could frind was NVIDIA drivers, which sounded pretty much the same to me... so I removed it. I downloaded the new drivers and then opened counterstrike: source to play.

I have no clue why, but my fps is now only 10-25. It's very irritating and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
I had that same problem too with my GeForce 7600 GS . It might be the glitch from Steam. My card is also updated to 92.24.

Majority Uncool. :whistling:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if your using integrated or agp graphics, try updating the chipset drivers. Specifically the issue is related to the gart driver being outdated and causing performance related issues.

phoenix123

phoenix123

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
i have the nvidia geforce go 7600 ... and i play css to... but ive tried updating my drivers but there fully updated already...
when i play the game and im on the main menu... i et a constent flickering in the screen and after about 5-10 mins it complety crashes and comes up with half life 2 game engine error... What the... shall i do

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
dude...dont say "What the..." it has a bad meaning and is really rude man...especially when the technicians on g2g are so nice to people and take the time and trouble to fix your problems. Be nice

emax

emax

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Perhaps try downloading the older drivers that were working and see if you still get the same problem??

crc

crc

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Yes in some games , there are some issues with the vga drivers and sometimes the older drivers works fine , than the newest !!!