Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to uninstall a stupid c%*@$ game

• Please log in to reply

notechknowledge

notechknowledge

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I installed a cheap game from Comp USA on my XP Pro machine. I now get blue screens and random shut downs. I tried to uninstall the game through the menu and through Control Panel, but I get a dialog box saying that it won't uninstall because the computer can't find an install file. When I tried to go through the Control Panel, it didn't show up as an installed program. How can I remove this software?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You probably need to put the original install CD in before you can run the uninstall. Many games require this.

notechknowledge

notechknowledge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I inserted the program cd and tried to uninstall, but it still didn't work. The following message pops up in a dialog box: "Unable to locate the installation log file 'C:\WINNT\DeIsL1.isu'. Uninstallation will not continue"
So, what can I try next? The real issue is that ever since I installed this game, I will get a blue screen with lots of information, but at the bottom it says something about "dumping physical memory." I am going out of town on business soon, so I'd really appreciate any help before I lose something important on the road. Thanks!

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
[url="http://"%20program << follow this link download it an uninstall that :blink: then be happy :whistling:

notechknowledge

notechknowledge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I think I've taken care of it with some creative deleting, a freeware uninstall program, and a freeware clean up program. Thanks to both of you for your help!