Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Temporary file path

• Please log in to reply

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
How can i change where to temporary files like internet file get saved on a computer?
?

Advertisements

Low Man

Low Man

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
What browser you are using?

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
right click, explore, on C: in the panel right click > make new folder name it. on your browser, tools>internet options> browsing history>settings>move folder. open up your C or whatever drive you chose to make the new folder, browse to the folder you created and select ok. i think the temp file folder is a default settings path so a registry edit might be required after you create the new folder and restart your browser check the in the move folder options to see if the temp folder path has been restored. if so then your going to be doing some registry modification.

Edited by krmooo, 20 June 2007 - 12:34 AM.

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
THanks, I did it just as u said and it worked perfectly. Although, how do u change the file path of the temp files that are sent to the TEMP folder?