Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard Problem in DOS after BIOS update

• Please log in to reply

JChitoowd

JChitoowd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone! I've recently reinstalled Windows XP and was playing WoW and had some low framerate issues and decided I would update ALL drivers and such on my PC and see if it helped. Well I got to reading about BIOS updates on the ECS website http://www.ecs.com.t.../...D=1&LanID=9 and noticed that one of the updates was for issues with this Mobo using a ATI video card (Not the one I have but I figured hey maybe mine will work better with the update) so I downloaded the BIOS update from the site and it included software to erase and rewrite my BIOS. Well I ran it and it worked fine. Just like normal my PC restarted and I got the usual errors when you update a BIOS (CMOS Checksum Bad)(CMOS Date/Time Not Set)(Press F1 to Run SETUP) But my keyboard wont operate..... It doesnt seem to do ANYTHING I tried to press F1 and it didnt work, so I tried to do the CTRL ALT DEL to restart and it doesnt even work. I even tried to use a different keyboard and it didnt work. Both PS2 Keyboards not USB! I tried to clear the CMOS and even took out my battery for about a half hour, still no Keyboard response.......... Anyone have any idea? Thanks in Advance.......
Josh

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
welcome to geeks 2 go

This was posted on the page of the bios update.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
* Please do not update the BIOS if your system is running fine.
* Please do not update the BIOS if the BIOS patch doesn't pertain to your current problem.
* Please read the update description and special note carefully before updating the new BIOS.
* Unsuccessful BIOS flash may cause the system fails to boot up.

Now try a usb keyboard. reseting the bios wont do much cause the bios was changed and old one erased as u posted you did.
If you manage to boot you will need to update the bios again.
Go to this link and tell us the name and version of the motherboard.