Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New msn 7.0 final version - Prob :@

• Please log in to reply

cizzaxx

cizzaxx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: ok, i heard there was a newer version of msn 7.0 so i upgraded it to tha final one, but as i was installing it i had this error message "Error writing to file: C\Program Files\MSN Messenger\1033\dwintl.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory." and then had the option to 'Retry' or 'Cancel' , so i retried again and tha same message came up so i cancelled the set up and got this message at the end of cancelling it "Msn Messenger setup has failed with error code: '1603'. Please go to the msn messenger website and download the software from there." which im guessin from that error message because i cancelled it. anyways i thought that i could uninstall the whole of msn of my pc and to start again, but still then go the same error message when i tried to reinstall it, i then tried to download the old msn 6.2 but said that i wasnt able to run it because it needed the newer version to run, so i tried installing again and came up with the same message about summet to do with havin directory access ^^. i then tried goin to program files and deleting the msn message file, but said that dwintl.dll could not be removed or something like that. im fed up now with this msn and would really like help to fix the problem

Advertisements