Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Media Player Edition..music library

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
I have added quite a few songs to My Music Library, Media center,mainly to use in dvd slideshows. I have converted them to MP3 format, and used them successfully in those shows.
What confuses me is that as I am building a slideshow, and it comes to the place where you browse for your music files to add, sometimes they don't always appear on the list, even though I have used those same songs in previous shows. What do I have to do to keep those songs where I can easily browse for them? They are all listed in my music library, yet don't always appear when I want them to. I have been at the point where the slideshow is asking to browse files to add to the show, and those songs I have used before are not there, and I have to mimimize the show, open the music library, and convert a song to MP3 all over again in order for it to appear in that browse window of that slideshow. Clearly, I don't understand music files, and how to manage them. You would think if the songs are in your library, they would always be there, unless you deleted them.

And when you add a song to your library, why is that one song listed 3 times? I would like to start editing that library and get rid of so many duplicates, but I am a little leary of erasing something I want to keep in there.

Any suggestions?