Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fatal Error: Failed to delay load library mscorlib.dll

• Please log in to reply

einzack

einzack

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I've recently been getting a fatal error coming up when i load my computer.
Fatal Error: Failed to delay load library mscorlib.dll (Win 32 error: 23)
This program can no longer run and will now terminate

It started about a week ago when i went to reboot and got a nasty screen telling me that there was something wrong with my 'puter.
I have not recieved the same screen again, and didn't record what it said the first time, but the fatal error comes up everytime my computer starts up now.

It seems to be coming from my graphics software which is an ATI Mobility Radeon X1400, and now i can't open anything to do with my graphics card as the same error comes up when i try to open it.
it hasn't actually affected how i can use my computer at all because everything seems to still work, except my wireless broadband failed at exactly the same time and i have not been able to get it to work, so have had to go back to non-wireless.

I tried updating my graphics card driver but that's done nothing.
I also removed the couple bits of software i had installed before i rebooted the first time (firefox and a windows media player plugin for firefox) but that did nothing.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
einzack

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I have seen someplace that check-disk fixed the problem.

Go to My Computer > right click the local drive where the operating system is installed, usually C > properties > tools > error checking > check the two boxes > Start. Reboot the computer if prompted to do so to enable the process. Let the process run to the end.

einzack

einzack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hi,

right, i tried that.
chkdsk said i had to restart my computer to do it so i did that.
it then started chkdsk.
i had some File Record Segment Unreadable entires come up.
then it deleted some Index Entries.
Once it had finished that (which took about an hour) and my desktop loaded up, the error message didn't appaer so i tried to open my graphics card software, but it wouldn't open and the error message came up, but with a different Win 32 error number.
I then restarted the computer straight away again and it went into another chkdsk, , and it said my volume was dirty. the chkdsk was only a 3 stage process instead of 5 as it was the first time. The Unreadable Segment error didn't come up but it deleted some more Index Entries. Once it had loaded to my desktop the same original error message came up straight away again but with Win32 error: 2.
when i clicked ok my computer froze and i couldn't do anything. so i turned it off and on again and chkdsk did not begin but the same error message came up when it loaded my desktop.

so, i haven't gotten anywhere doing the chkdsk it seems.

any further ideas?
what does it mean when it says my volume is dirty?

cheers,
einzack

einzack

einzack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
right, just tried the fsutil dirty query C: command and it says my volume is not dirty.
which can only be a good thing...

einzack

einzack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
any ideas?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
1: Uninstall the graphic program in add/remove programs.

2: Uninstall every program that you loaded shortly before and after the problem started.

3: Download ccleaner from the link in my signature. Run Cleaner and Issues a number of times until nothing is left to be cleaned. Backup registry entry when prompted to do so in Issues.

4: Defrag the hard disk.

5: Click Start > run. Type sfc /sannow and let the process run to the end.

Run chkdsk again. Let us know what happens.

einzack

einzack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thanks for the advice.
i'll try the fix as soon as i get back from my holiday.
which will be in a week or so.

by removing my graphics software will my computer start up and operate with graphics capabilities?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
You shouldn't have problems booting up as a result of removing the graphic program.

einzack

einzack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
got time to try the fix now.
seems to have worked.
i haven't done anything from the defrag onwards yet.
should i bother seeing as i don't get that error anymore?

thanks.

Edited by einzack, 02 July 2007 - 04:15 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If it works well don't run the other fixes. Let's Hope the problem is solved.

Advertisements

einzack

einzack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
well it seemed to be fixed.
i thought i'd try to reinstall the graphics software so i downloaded it and installed it. i restarted my computer when it told me to, and when it powered up i got exactly the same error as before.

it's madness.

so not sure what to do now. obviously i'm going to delete the software again but it's just a little silly now.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I suggest that you approach the technical support of ATI with your problem. Look in "frequently asked questions" and forums. If you don't find the answer call or write them. This seems to be a problem directly related to them.

Good luck

einzack

einzack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yeah, next step is to contact them directly, which i'll do.
i'll let you know what comes of it....if anything.

thanks for the help.

Souper123

Souper123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Mscorlib Is a component of .Net framework I know that the catalyst software for ATI cards use .net framework. I would suggest removing the dot net and the installing it from the windows updates again then you might have to reinstall the driver for the video card also.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Almost a 3 year old topic. I don't think the issue still exists at this point.