Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

delete old folders that had some graphics in them and....

• Please log in to reply

mytimenowoki

mytimenowoki

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I can't delete some folders that had some graphics in them. I have an unlocker program that has unlock so many things so I could delete them when needed. But now I have some folders that I have moved to the desktop and even put them in another folder to get them out of my way, but I can't drag them to the recycle bin or delete them! When I try I get a box that says access denied, make sure disk isn't full...etc. These folders had some graphics in them that I had to move to another folder so I could move it elsewhere, but these empty folders won't budge! Re booting doesn't do it either, they have been on my desktop for months now, what gives?? I'm gonna try writing to hp also and see what they say, but I sure would like to hear if anyone else has any ideas????

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi mytimenowoki. Maybe the folder has hidden files in it. Make sure you are in administrative account.

Open mycomputer then at the top click on tools, then folder options, then View, check on Show hidden files and folders
Make sure you are in administrative .account

Try MoveOnBoot.

http://www.snapfiles...moveonboot.html

After reboot don't forget to go back in to Folder Options and check on Do not show hidden files and folders.

Dwight

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I use Unlocker 1.8.5 which has alwasy worked, or sometimes just holding shift while deleting works too.