Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resolution settings keep reverting back by themselves

• Please log in to reply

VRViperII

VRViperII

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi, when I first got this computer, the resolution settings were set to 1024 by 768 pixels. I like my icons bigger so I set it back to 800 by 600 pixels. The weird thing is, after a week or so, when I turn on my computer, the settings change back to 1024 by 768 by themselves. What gives?

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If this is a Dell computer look at post 4 in this link.

cuzant

cuzant

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
if it is only icon size you're worried about you can increase the dpi size of the icons through desktop/display settings in the control panel.

VRViperII

VRViperII

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks for the advice. It is not a dell computer however. I am just worried that something is reverting the screen resolution by themselves. I haven't installed any new programs that my old computer didn't have. I've scanned with AdAware and Spybot but have found nothing suspiscious. Here're my computer specs:

AMD Athlon 3500+
Foxonn Am2 Motherboard
DDR2 512mb
80G SATA HD
Lg 18x dvd-rw

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If you think malware might be the issue, follow these instructions. If you are given the all-clear, then we can look at further steps back in this thread.

Cheers :whistling: