Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sim city 4 on windows xp

• Please log in to reply

exray44

exray44

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I have a brand new computer and a new copy of sim city 4. I loaded the game on my computer and everything was ok, I was able to play, the graphics were fine and I could save. However, after I exit the game the first time, I cannot get it to start again. When I put the disc in, it goes to the auto load screen and gives me a list of options, when I choose play an error message comes up saying I need to put the disc in becasue the computer can't find it. I checked with ea games tech support and they told me to right click the shorcut icon and change the compatibility to windows98/windowsme. They said that this was the closest to windows xp, anyway it didn't work. I don't know what else to do.
Any help is appreciated, hopefully someone has experienced this same problem before...

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Try uninstalling it using the control panel (add/remove programs), and then reinstalling it.

exray44

exray44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
well, I guess it's been a while since I got a reply, sorry, anyway I tried that first and I tried it a few times no luck, I've just about given up.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Do you have more than one cd-drive/dvd drive?

Try putting it in the other.

Have you added or removed
a thumb drive
an external drive of any sort?

exray44

exray44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no, nothing complicated here, one drive, brand new, basically I did nothing but try to load this game and it doesn't work