Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer running slow after service pack 2 installation

• Please log in to reply

premo

premo

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
After updating my computer and installing service pack 2, my computer is running very slow. Before installing I went through all of your steps in the malware/spyware forum too. Any ideas what is wrong?

Advertisements

Teddie1

Teddie1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Yes there have been cases of SP2 (Service Pack 2) the cause to slow down people's computers. But there is a possibility that you have alot of software running, Or just a simple case of RAM needing to be upgraded. We need more info as to what is happening on your computer. HiJack this log etc... All helps.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Please do NOT post HJT logs in any other forum but the malware forum. It will be removed if you do, and since you now have been warned, failure to follow these instructions will most probably mean a visit from an administrator.

First try posting all the other information, and if we can't resolve anything, then head to the malware forum and post your HJT log and they can help clean you up.

Cheers :whistling:

premo

premo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Yes there have been cases of SP2 (Service Pack 2) the cause to slow down people's computers. But there is a possibility that you have alot of software running, Or just a simple case of RAM needing to be upgraded. We need more info as to what is happening on your computer. HiJack this log etc... All helps.

should i post my recent logs here or in another forum?