Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia Graphics card problem

• Please log in to reply

kittiez

kittiez

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Okay, I have an old Nvidia Geforce Go 6150 card. I searched the nvidia site but I could not find an upgrade that worked. ( It either disabled control panel or was for desktop )

Here's a screenshot:
Look closely at the icons on the left of the start thing.
Also, my desktop randomly scrolls. I have the right resolution but sometimes the wallpaper moves up and down.

http://img487.images...messedupij4.png

1. It's NOT the icons (I changed them multiple times.)
2. It's NOT the windowsblinds theme I am using. ( Unloaded windowsblinds. Same distorted features. )

I have Windows XP Media Center
AMD Turion™ 65 X2 Mobile
TEchnology TL-50
1.51 GHz, 1.96 GB of RAM

This happened after I got some kind of trojan + worms and stuff..

(Also if updating is the solution could someone provide a link to a place i can download a driver that includes the control panel? maybe? xD or just a driver.. i dont know i just want it fixed)

Edited by kittiez, 21 June 2007 - 06:43 PM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

This happened after I got some kind of trojan + worms and stuff..

Hi kittiez! May I strongly suggest that you head over to the malware forum and let them clean off the nasties first. There could still be something hidden on your system that is making this happen. Please follow all the instructions on this link before posting. If you have any problems with the instructions, just write down any errors and move on to the next step. When you post, include any errors you encountered so they can help you the best they can.

If the problem continues to occur after you have been given the all clear, come back and let us know in here.

Cheers :whistling:

kittiez

kittiez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I did, but no one has helped me yet.

I believe I removed it myself.

The link to the Topic

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Please, please be patient. If after 3 days (YES I SAID THREE DAYS) you have no reply, then you can post in the waiting room. It is extremely busy in that forum. There are many people waiting for FREE help, the least you can do is be patient. Do not post or edit your malware forum topic again. You may have removed some malware yourself, but there could be more - like hiding :blink:

It's very nice that you have written a thank-you beforehand, when someone finally gets to help you, they will appreciate it. Also note that a lot of the GeekU students go through the forums reading and taking notes, but they are not allowed to help you until they have finished their studies. Only when a certified Malware Helper reads it will you get any help.

Cheers :whistling:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
What you added at the top is unessisairy, everyone is trying thier best and have lives as well, not to mention volunteers. We are very busy and many people need help regarding malware. Just because people have viewed it doesn't mean they can help, remember the mojority if not all of the people that looked at the topic are members in your posiiton and know nothing about malware and just need help. Now you will have waiterd three days and I suggest posting in the waiting room like ruth has already mentioned.
http://www.geekstogo...-Room-f100.html
Also I suggest to make the text the standard size, right now it's hard to read and annalize the Hijackthis log.
James

Edited by james_8970, 21 June 2007 - 11:42 PM.