Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Grainy pictures in IE

• Please log in to reply

nschick

nschick

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,

What would cause every picture on IE to appear grainy?? This started happening about 4 months ago and I'm not sure what to do.

This is a screenshot of what I mean....all the pictures are like this.

Posted Image

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Are you on High speed internet or dial up?

nschick

nschick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
It is normally on dial up but today it was hooked up to high speed and it still looks the same

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try another browser (Firefox preferably) and let us know if they look the same. If they look the same, it's not a browser problem more then likely. You may have a graphics card problem or your color settings are off.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 21 June 2007 - 10:04 PM.

nschick

nschick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I downloaded firefox and the pictures look the same....all the other pictures on the computer look good though. I guess this problem started after someone in my family tried printing something.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
What is your color quality set at? Right click desktop, click Properties then the Settings tab. If you think it is related to your print settings, check and reset those to default values. I don't really think that's the cause, but it is curious the images look good on your PC and not in any browser. Take it that means the images look good at same size in an imaging app?

Ron

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Is there an internet accelerator running? Most work by only downloading parts of web images to make your connection appear faster.

nschick

nschick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'm not sure how to check the print settings and how do I find out if it's running an accelerator?

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
If there is an accelerator running, there should be an icon in your Taskbar. What dial-up ISP do you have?

Edited by cmw2010, 24 June 2007 - 08:29 AM.

nschick

nschick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Telus internet

Edited to say that it was the dial up internet...had the reduced quality for faster loading......thanks so much for helping me everyone :whistling: :blink:

Edited by nschick, 24 June 2007 - 03:32 PM.