Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with finishing touches on fixing computer

• Please log in to reply

dwag182

dwag182

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys,

I've been trying to fix my computer for a little while now. I have it pretty much completely updated, theres still a few things wrong with it. I get random popups that take me to other websites (popup blocker and max security do not stop them), and my sound does not work. I'm assuming I need to get Hijackthis. But I need to know where to get it from, and what to do from there. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks again, Stu

Advertisements

Clark76

Clark76

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 34 posts
Follow the steps found here for help with the malware removal:
Steps before posting

Download links are included for all required programs :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yes, Clark76 is correct. Follow all the instructions you find in the link he provided. You will notice that HJT is the last step. Usually most people can clean up their problems following the first steps and not need to post in the forum. If you do need to, though, if you encounter any errors along the way, just write down what happened and continue on with the steps. When you finally get to post your HJT log in the malware forum, explain what errors you encountered so the experts there can get a better understanding of what is going on... Also, do not add extra posts or bump your thread, otherwise someone might think it's already being worked on and overlook it.

Cheers :whistling: