Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft video problem?

• Please log in to reply

newbie1337

newbie1337

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi,

When I double-click the World of Warcraft desktop icon, the screen turns black as if it will begin to run, but then it stops, and a pop-up that reads:

"Your 3D accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft. Please install a 3D accelerator card with dual-TMU support"

And to think I could just waltz right into playing WoW..Ha :whistling:

I'm just wondering what I need to do to fix this. Do I need to change something on my computer? Or do I need to buy or upgrade a video card or something? I really don't have any clue whatsoever.

EDIT::
I used the System Spec posted in the sticky, and I'm using NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS (HP). Not sure if that helps or not. I can post any of those specs. you need.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by newbie1337, 21 June 2007 - 10:19 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you played WOW before?

I you need to update your video card. You will get much better performance. Your video card just meets the minimum requirements. You could try updating your video drivers from nvidia.com.

http://www.worldofwa...technology.html

newbie1337

newbie1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
i went to that site before and I did the "upgrade" or whatever..and it really didn't do anything, besides make my monitor 'click' whenever I alt+tab out of something like Starcraft.

No, I havnt played WoW yet. I might just buy a new computer with better specs than this one. It is like 5-6 years old. Wouldn't be worth buying a new gfx card for an old comp. Apparently the vid card i have now isnt supported by WoW.

I was just wondering if there was something else I could do instead of buying a new card. Thanks