Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Toshiba M105-S102 Beep Problem

• Please log in to reply

unknownperhaps

unknownperhaps

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Well I have a Toshiba M105-S102 Laptop...I was using it one day when i closed the top of the laptop but i suddenly picked up back again while it was in the process of going in to hibernation...It went in to hibernation but when i tried to turn it on afterwards...all i heard was a loud beep like a continuous beep that would not stop and thats it...Nothing on the screen...Nothing at all...like if i press the Fn key it would like up the corner light but then that would stop happening to but the computer starts powered on...

If you can please help me that would be amazing great!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Picking it up as it goes into hibernation should not cause any problems. beep codes vary by BIOS manufacture, but a non-stop beep usually indicates faulty RAM or a faulty graphics chip. However, you could try powering on and immediately holding down the F8 key, then select "Last known good configuration" from the startup menu.

unknownperhaps

unknownperhaps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Well the problem with that is that i do not know what the issue is...what i did was that i closed it and lifted it up asap...i know that that shouldn't do that but it did. I Will try that powering it on and holding down the F8 but i doubt that that will work i mean i don't see anything on the screen at all...

Thank you for your reply :whistling: :blink: :help: :help: :) :)

Edited by unknownperhaps, 23 June 2007 - 08:15 AM.