Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cd driver problem

• Please log in to reply

rockamania2005

rockamania2005

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I have two cd drivers
Both are writers and one is a dvd player too

anyway When i put in a non dvd cd, it cant read and sits there blinking at me and than i go to my computer and it just crashes on me, and to send a error report.
Some one help me please.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If only one CD drive is giving you trouble, with the other one working okay, it's possible the problem one is broken. Either that or the disc is bad and is causing the PC to crash. Try unblemished, unmarked commercial software discs in it. If it won't read those but the other drive will read them, I would be even more inclined to say you need to replace the drive or simply remove it and manage with just the other one.

rockamania2005

rockamania2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
They both dont work but yet when i repaired windows, the windows cd ran nicely on it.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Check your jumper setting, wrong settings can cause a conflict.

rockamania2005

rockamania2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
how??