Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP media centre Reinstall issue!

• Please log in to reply

dan3411

dan3411

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
Ok i sorted that other problem earlier with regards to it getting stuck on windows please wait.
For some strange reason cd drive was primary boot, anyway the installation is fine now untill just after u have to answer the questions
u know like "location, language, time zone selection, chosing name of comp ect" a count down time starting at 10 mins starts i assume so it can
perform the final adjustments before u start it but every single time it stops on 8:40 no cpu activity or anything . i have no idea what is wrong.
any helpwould be much appriciated
cheers dan :whistling:

Edited by dan3411, 22 June 2007 - 06:53 AM.

Advertisements

dan3411

dan3411

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
no help :whistling: or will i have to get a new os?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello dan3411 welcome to geekstogo,

Go ahead and download Memtest86 in my signature. And burn it using a ISO burrner. If you do not have a ISO burner you can use Deepburner

edit: added

Go ahead and give that a run overnight and report back if you get any errors.

Edited by tuxmaster, 28 June 2007 - 07:31 PM.

otla

otla

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just to clarify an issue that one of my customers is having, are you doing the XP repair with a normal xp pro disc?

This particular customer is of little or no help as to locating discs, so I don't know which OS to reinstall.