Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I get rid of "panostandalone" program?

• Please log in to reply

Earl J Prignitz

Earl J Prignitz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a couple of boxes that appear on my computer screen as soon as I turn it on and they tell me that "panostandalone" is trying to download, but that I must use the CD for the program.
I neither want the program and I certainly don't want the boxes on my screen, but they won't go away.
Earl J Prignitz

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then post a hijackthis log in THE MALWARE FORUM forum.
(Posting HiJack This logs in any other forum other than the malware forum is forbidden. If you post an HJT log in any other forum, it will be removed and it will take you longer to get help, so please make sure you only post HJT logs in the malware forum)

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread..

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
See related topic:

http://www.geekstogo...one-t99207.html

One solution is to insert the HP image zone plus discs. Good malware check, as suggested, is still a good idea as the guys are GOOD!

Ron

texasarch

texasarch

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My problem has nothing to do with Malware - passes test without finding anything. I had HP software that came with OfficeJet and Scanjet 4670. I had lots of problems with it, so I uninstalled all HP and removed everything HP from my HD. This goofy PanoStandAlone which is trying to almost constantly reload with Photo Gallery is a persistent nuisance - particularly when opening a video in Picasa. HP Tech wants to charge me, but they don't speak much English nor know what they are doing. I have a CD for the software. I have re-installed HP Director and removed it twice - problem persists. I cleaned registry.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Hi texasarch,and :D
Try this linkHP forum,this might just solve your problem

Cheers
zorba